- Year of inception : 1989
- Bifurcation of department into Clinical and Preventive Medicine: 02.03.1998
- Year of starting PG course in Veterinary Medicine: January 2002
- Year of starting PG course in Veterinary Clinical Medicine: 2010
- No. of successful P.G candidates in Veterinary Medicine : 8
- No. of successful P.G candidates in Veterinary Clinical Medicine : 1
|Dr. Abdul Samad||1989 – 1991|
|Dr. M.S.Ali||1991 – 1997|
|Dr. L.G.Anantwar||1997 – 1998|
|Clinical Veterinary Medicine|
|Dr. A. U. Bhikane||09.03.1998 – 20.11.2010|
|Dr. D. B. Sarode||21.11.2010 – 19.03.2011|
Undergraduate Courses of B.V.Sc. & A.H as per VCI norms
Postgraduate programme with intake capacity of one student per year
|Sr.No.||Title of the Project||PI||Funding Agency||Year|
|1||Efficacy of ferrocom against anaemia in goat.||A.U.Bhikane||Indian Herbs, Saharanpur (U.P.)||2003|
|2||Efficacy of dermanol cream and skin heal spray against dermatomycosis in cattle.||A.U.Bhikane||Indian Herbs, Saharanpur (U.P.)||2005|
|3||Therapeutic efficacy of gutlyte in diarrohea in bovine.||A.U.Bhikane||Indian Herbs, Saharanpur (U.P.)||2007|
|4||Clinical trials of dna rab vaccine in bovine.||A.U.Bhikane||Indian Immunologicals, Hyderabad,(A.P.)||2008|
|5||Effects of metho chelated bestmin gold on health status, production and reproduction parameters in buffaloes.||A.U.Bhikane||Vetcare Pharmaceuticals, Bangalore||2008|
|6||Efficacy of herbo-mineral formulation (pre-mast) in prevention and treatment of subclinical mastitis in crossbred cows.||A.U.Bhikane||Rakesh Pharmaceuticals, Kalol, Gandhinagar, (North Gujarat)||2009|
|7||Efficacy of polyherbal spray (vetomax) against dermatomycosis in cattle.||A.U.Bhikane||Rakesh Pharmaceuticals, Kalol, Gandhinagar, (North Gujarat)||2013|
|Sr. No.||Title of the project||Research Co-ordinator||Year of start||Duration in years|
|1||Clinical and experimental studies on PPR in goats.||A.U.Bhikane||1994||2 years|
|2||Epidemiology, clinico-pathology and therapy of babesiosis in cattle.||A.U.Bhikane||1994||6 years|
|3||Epidemiological and Clinico-therapeutic studies on osteomalacia in buffaloes.||A.U.Bhikane||1994||5 years|
|4||Epidemiological and Clinico-therapeutic studies on haemoglobinuria in buffaloes.||A.U.Bhikane||1994||5 years|
|5||Diabetes mellitus in buffaloes.||A.U.Bhikane||2000||3 years|
|6||Clinico-therapeutic aspects of hepatitis in cattle.||A.U.Bhikane||2000||3 years|
M.V.Sc., Projects Completed
|Sr. No.||Title of the Project||Name of the student||Major Guide||Year|
|1||Diagnostic and therapeutic investigations on dermatophytosis in cattle.||Miss. A.A.Satalkar||A.U.Bhikane||2004|
|2||Diagnosis and herbal therapy of dermatomycosis in cattle||Miss. S.H.Namwad||A.U.Bhikane||2005|
|3||Epidemiological and clinico therapeutic investigations on Peste des petits ruminants (PPR) in goats.||Miss. V.S.Karlewad||A.U.Bhikane||2006|
|4||Evaluation of polyherbal astringent in non-specific diarrhea in bovine.||Mr. B.R.Devkate||A.U.Bhikane||2007|
|5||Evaluation of impact of chelated mineral mixture supplementation on health status of buffaloes.||Mr. H.R.Ghadage||A.U.Bhikane||2008|
|6||Aetiological and clinico-therapeutic investigations on leukoderma in buffaloes.||Mr. S.M. Gapat||A.U.Bhikane||2009|
|7||Aetiology, clinico-pathology and treatment of pica in bovine.||Miss.A.S.Lengare||A.U.Bhikane||2010|
|8||Studies on leucoderma in buffaloes with particular reference to its etiology and treatment with methochelated copper.||Mr.Y.S.Dube||A.U.Bhikane||2011|
|9||Therapeutic Management of Babesiosis in Cattle.||Mr. R. M. Shinde||A.U.Bhikane||2013|
- Hospital services- treatment of medical cases presented to TVCSC.
- Referral services to animal patients from 4 districts of Marthwada and adjacent Bidar district of Karnataka.
- Ambulatory Clinic services-Organization of Animal health camps
- Health services to Adopted villages
- Diagnostic services- blood, milk, rumen fluid, KFT, LFT, serum mineral analysis, faecal examination, skin scraping examination.
- Investigation of outbreaks
- Telephonic consultancy services
- Personal consultancy services
- Organization of seminars/workshops/trainings for technical persons
- Organization of farmers trainings/workshop/rallies
- Guidance to farmers/LDOs/LSS in trainings/seminars/workshops/rallies.
- Organization of health awareness campaigns.
- Developed teaching material such as lecture notes, practical manuals and question banks for various courses of Clinical Medicine.
- Number of books authored /booklets /Technical manuals/Souvnirs edited: 19
- Number of popular articles/ folders published: 149
- Number of Radio Talks delivered and TV interviews given: 29
- Number of livestock shows participated: 42
- Number of work camp organized/participated: 281
- Number of trainings/workshops/seminars organized for LDOs/LSS/Farmers: 23
- Department is Coordinating Ambulatory Clinic (since 2000) and adopted village activities (since 2005).
- Delivered lectures in 199 farmers rallies/ workshops/ seminars/ trainings and 57 workshops/ seminars/ trainings organized for LDO/ LSS all over the Maharashtra
- Coordinated 4 special NSS camps.
- Awards to students: Eight U. G. students are recipient of VA Sapre Gold Medal for securing highest marks in clinical medicine in Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur, since inception of this award in 2003.
|Sr. No.||Name||Reg. No.||Year|
|1||Dr. Santosh Uttam Wakchaure||99VU21B||2003-2004|
|4||Dr.Sharad Popat Londhe||2002VU22B||2006-2007|
|5||Dr.Madhuvanti V. Mahajan||2003VU03B||2007-2008|
|6||Dr.Smita Appasaheb Malgunde||2004VU15B||2008-2009|
|7||Dr Anil D Karale.||2005VU13B||2009-2010|
|8||Dr.Ashish A Pawar||2006VU19 B||2010-2011|