The Department of Animal Nutrition is a division under College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Udgir, established in the year 1987. The main objectives of the Department are teaching, research and extension in the subject of Animal Nutrition.
Dr.S.B. Kawitkar 1988 to 2003
Undergraduate Courses of B.V.Sc. & A.H as per VCI norms
Post-graduate Teaching programme started in 2010-11
|Sr. No.||Title of Thesis||Name of Student||Name of Guide||Year|
|1||Effect of Herbal Combinations on Performance of Osmanabadi Goat Kids||Mr. Narute Harishchandra Shivaji||Dr. A. B. Kanduri||2012|
|2||Utilization of Distillers Dried Grains With Solubles in Broiler Chicken Diet||Mr. Gacche Sandip Mohanrao||Dr. A. B. Kanduri||2013|
The Department of Animal Nutrition provides following facilities to the students and the commercial livestock farmers,
Feed Analysis Laboratory
In this laboratory following Proximate Principles are analyzed from the livestock feed as the quality control measure and for easing the feed formulations.
1) Estimation of Moisture and Dry Matter
2) Estimation of Protein
3) Estimation of Fat
4) Estimation of Fibre
5) Estimation of Ash/Mineral matter
6) Estimation of Calcium
7) Estimation of Phosphorus
8) Estimation of Acid Insoluble Ash
9) Estimation of Salt
Livestock Feed Formulation
1) Formulation of livestock feed using advanced software.
2) Formulation of least cost ration.
3) Preparation of different feed formulae for Broilers.
(Prestarter, Starter, Finisher)
Livestock Feed Preparation
The department has started “Livestock Feed Mill” in the year 2005, which is a feed grinder cum Mixer machine (300kg Batch) with 6-7 tones / 8hrs shift working capacity in the vicinity of Cattle Breeding Farm, COVAS, Udgir.
I. Completed Research Work/ Projects/ Schemes:
1) “Mineral status of Deoni animals in relation to soil, feeds and fodder in Udgir taluka of Maharashtra state” (Ph.D. Thesis by Dr. S.B.Kawitkar).
2) Assessment of Mineral Profile relationship of Animal, soil, feed and Fodder in Maharashtra (Nanded, Latur & Osmanabad districs) for Improvement of livestock production potential- Sponsored by Dept. of Animal Husbandry, Govt. of Maharashtra. (2008-2012) (Co-Principle Investigator – Dr. A. B. Kanduri)
II. New Project Sanctioned during the financial year 2014-15.
1) “Strengthening of Feed Testing Laboratory at Deptt. Of Animal Nutrition CoVAS, Udgir”. A development project of Rs.200 Lacs, Sponsored by Central & State Government. (Principle Investigator – Dr. A. B. Kanduri)
1.Organizing Trainings for Field Veterinarians & Livestock owners.
2.Demonstrations of transferable technologies at Scarcity Camps.
3.Guidance to Farmers at adopted villages regarding Improved fodder varieties, their cultivation practices & importance of feeding Balance Ration in Dairy Animals etc.
4.Periodic publication of technical and popular article through magazines, periodicals, newspapers etc.
|Dr. A. B. Kanduri
Department of Animal Nutrition
no images were found